The Neighborhood

From WikiName
Jump to: navigation, search

When the Longnecker House was built in 1898, this area was just being built up and "town" was considered 1/2 mile to the west where the downtown core is located to this day.

In the 1895 Atlas, there were only a couple of houses on the south side of the street and the property to the east was still a farm with no street between them and the Longnecker house.

By 1909, the farm was turned into City Park accessed by the extension of Oak Street now separating the former fine from the Longnecker property, which became a corner lot.

The town grew rapidly after that, and now the Longnecker House is firmly in the middle of town, albeit on a more generous lot than most other houses built afterwards.